The top compensates climbers for their difficult journey with incomparable mountain views of Ama Dablam (6,856) and Makalu (8,481 m). The Island Peak is also known as Imja Tse. This is where the peak gets its name from. The journey offers some of the most striking scenery in the Khumbu via the enchanting village of Dingboche. When seen from Dingboche, the peak looks like an island between a sea of ice. However, with the best people in the field and a bit of effort from your side this peak is conquerable.
It was first climbed in 1956 by an expedition team that was preparing to climb the peak of peaks or Mount Everest. The summit of this peak is a difficult climb across ice and snow. Island peak climbing is a popular mountaineering program in Nepal as ascending the Island Peak is comparatively easier than other expeditions. When compared to other peaks, this peak is a relatively difficult climb. And we give the best tented camp during the climbing period. The descent is comparatively easier and faster than the ascent.
The trek to Island Peak also walks us through the countryside, where we immerse in centuries-old Nepalese and Tibetan cultures. Filled with Buddhist shrines, this village of stone charms our path to the mountain.
All accommodation during the trekking is in comfortable lodges.
DAY1: ARRIVED IN TRIBVUBAN INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT KATHMANDU AND TRANSFER TO HOTEL
DAY2:KATHMANDU VALLEY CITY SIEGHSEEING AND FINAL PREPARATION FOR EVEREST BASE CAMP TREKS
DAY3:TRANSFER TO DOMESTIC AIRPORT FOR FLIGHT TO TENGING HILLARY AIRPORT LUKLA(2840M) AND SAME DAY TREKS TO PHAKDING AROUND 4 HOURS WALKING
DAY4:PHAKDING TO NAMCHE BAZZAR (3440M)
DAY5:ACCLIMATIZATION DAY AND HIKE UP TO EVEREST VIEW HOTEL AND KHUMJUNG BACK TO NAMCHE BAZZAR
DAY6:NAMCHE TO DIBUCHE(3820M)
DAY7:DIBUCHE TO DINGBOCHE(4270M)
DAY8:REST DAY AND ACCLIMATIZE DAY CLIMB UP TO NAGARJUNG PEAK (4600M)
DAY9:DINGBUCHE TO LOBUCHE (4900M)
DAY10: LOBUCHE TO GORAKSHEP(5100M)AND VISIT TO EVEREST BASE CAMP(5365M )BACK TO GORAKSHEP FOR SPEND ONE NIGHT THERE
DAY11:CLIMBING THE KALAPATHAR(5550M) AND BACK TO DINGBOCHE(4340M)
DAY12:DINGBOCHE TO CHHUKUNG (4,730M)
DAY13:CLIMBING CHUKKUNG RI (5,500M) AND STAY OVERNIGHT IN CHHUKUNG
DAY14:CHHUKUNG TO ISLAND PEAK BASE CAMP (5,200M)
DAY15:REST DAY AND FINAL PREPARATION OF CLIMBING ISLAND PEAK/BASIC CLIMBING TRAINING
DAY16:SUMMIT ISLAND PEAK (6,189M) BACK TO ISLAND PEAK BASE CAMP
DAY17:TREKS TO TENGBOCHE (3,867M)
DAY18:TREKS TO NAMCHE BAZZAR
DAY19:TREKS TO LUKLA
DAY20:FLY BACK TO KATHMANDU
DAY21:EXTRA DAY IN KATHMANDU
DAY22:FINAL DEPARTURE TRANSFER TO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
1. ARRIVALS AND TRANSFER TO HOTEL BY THE TOURIST BUS OR PRIVATE VEHICALS.
2. TWO NIGHT ACCOMODATION IN 3 STAR CATEGORIZED HOTEL IN KATHMANDU.
3. TRIP BRIEFING AND EQUIOPMENT CHECK.
4. MOUNTAIN SCENERY TREKS AND EXPEDITION /DUFFEL BAG, TSHIRT AND TREKKING MAP.
5. WELCOME DINNER WITH NEPALI CULTURAL SHOW.
6. ONE DAY KATHMANDU CITY SIGHT SCENE.
7. TRANSPORT TO DOMESTIC AIRPORT TO (lUKLA) AIRFARE KTM/LUKA/KTM.
8. GOVERNMENT LICENCE HOLDER TREKKING GUIDE AND EXPERIENCE CLIMBING SHERPA.
9. ALL MEAL BREAKFAST, LUNCH, DINNER, AND TEA,COFFEE , FREE MENU BY MOUNTAIN SCENERY TREKS AND EXPEDITION /DESERT AFTER DINNER/HOTWATER.
10. STAFF EXPENSES
- ALL STAFFS MEDICAL AND EMERGENCY RESQUE INSURANCES DURING THE TRIP
- ALL STAFF FOODS
- POTTER WAGES
- CLIMBING GUIDE WAGES
- POTTER EQUIPMENT
11. CLIMBING BASE CAMP EQUIPMENT
- DINNING TENT, KITCHEN TENT,TOILET TENT,SHOWER TENT, MEMBER TENT,STAFF TENT.
- KITCHEN UTENSILS.
- NECESSERY HIGH ALTITUDE FOOD , MOUNTAIN FOOD,DRY FOOD.
- CLIMBING ROPES, ICE CREW, SNOW-BA,ICE –TOOLS,ICE HAMER, SOO ON.
12. PAPER WORK
- CLIMBING PERMIT.
- NATIONAL PARK ENTRY FEE.
- MUNICIPALITY CHARGE.
- TIMS CARD FEE.
- ALL GOVERNMENT TAXES.
13. SATELLITE PHONE, INCASE OUT THE COVERGE OF NETWORK .
14. LAST DAY DINNER IN LUKLA WITH ALL INVOLVED STAFFS.
15. WEATHER FORCAST INFORMATION DURING THE CLIMBING PERIOD.
16. FLY BACK TO KTM/FAREWELL DINNER AT THE SAME DAY.
17. DEPARTURE TO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT TO HOME.
1. LUNCH AND DINNER IN KATHMANDU EXCEPT WELCOME AND FAREWELL DINNER.
2. BOTH WAY INTERNATIONAL FLIGHT AIRFARE.
3. PERSONAL TRAVEL INSURANCE AND EMERGENCY RESQUE INSURANCE .
4. NEPAL ENTRY VISA FREE.
5. ALCOHOLIC STUFFS.
6. FILMING PERMIT OF DRONE AND CAMERA DURING CLIMBING.
7. EXTRA NIGHT ACCODAMATION IN KATHMANDU IF LATE DEPARTURE.
8. PERSONAL EXPENSES,LAUDRY,WIFI CHARGE, SOO ON.
9. STAFF TIPS
Group Size 2 to 10 people
Max Altitude 61,89M/5,365M
Duration 22 Days
Walking Days 18 Days
Best Period MAR | APR | MAY | SEP | OCT | NOV