The Mardi Himal trek is fast emerging as one of the new favorites in Nepal. However, it still sees far less foot traffic than it’s neighbor, Annapurna Base Camp. It’s a trek that climbs through forest and rhododendron fields along a ridge to the base of Mardi Himal, a relatively small peak on the edge of the Annapurna range. It’s the best pick for those short on time because for a relatively quick trek it packs a whole lot of punch in terms of mountain views. The Mardi Himal trail is one of the least frequented trekking routes in western Nepal. This trek offers you untouched and pristine beauty of the Annapurna Region. As it is still less exposed when compared to regular routes, you will come across far less trekkers visiting Mardi Himal. The untrodden tracks of the majestic valleys are waiting to be explored. The rough roads to Mardi are lined with quaint villages with equally diverse lifestyle laden with panoramic views of the Annapurna Range.
This program can be booked for spring when the rhododendrons are in full bloom, offering you an added delight of the trek. Also, if you want to book it for autumn, you will see clear skies against the mesmerizing views of mountains ahead. You need a regular walking habit to go on this moderate trek. If you want to have a beautiful introductory tour of the Annapurna Region, this is probably the best program in Nepal.
Laden with unique and diverse natural grace, the villages and viewpoints along the way will offer you panoramic views of the peaks. The rich biodiversity mixed with hospitality of the people will leave you enriched with a unique experience of Nepal. The green hills, captivating waterfalls, dense mossy forests of oak and juniper – will inspire you to trek further in an immensely beautiful experience. And if it was not enough, the gushing rivers that you’ll pass through and the stunning mountain views that you’ll witness, will leave an indelible mark in your memory.
Mardi Himal trekking program is known for its views of Annapurna Range and the immersive experience of a beautiful region of Nepal. Some of the peaks visible during this trek are Annapurna South, Dhaulagiri, Fishtail (or Machhapuchhre), Hiunchuli, and other peaks. The lofty views will be some of best you can have of the Annapurna mountain range. We will begin from Pokhara and takes you through the scenic villages Pothana, Sidhing, Landruk, and other time-worn villages – all of which have unique experience in store.
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu.
Mountain Scenery Treks representative will meet you at the airport and transfer you to your hotel. Overnight in Kathmandu hotel.
Day 2: Sightseeing in Kathmandu and meeting with your trekking guide.
We will show you the delights of Kathmandu, taking in some of the wonderful historical, cultural and religious sites of the city. Kathmandu Durbar square,Swayambunath.You will also meet with your trekking guide to discuss the itinerary. Overnight in Kathmandu hotel.
Day 3: Drive to Pokhara. (850m/6 hours.)
A seven-hour drive by tourist bus to the pretty lakeside town of Pokhara. Overnight in Pokhara hotel.
Day 4: Pokhara to Kande drives by car/jeep 30 to 40 minu8tes and trek to Pitam Deurali 4 to 5 hrs. 2100m.
Day 5: Pitam Deurali to Forest Camp. (2550m/ 4 to 5 hours.)
Day 6: Forest Camp to High Camp. (4100m/ 6 hours.)
Day 7. High Camp to Mardi Himal Base Camp and back to High camp for lunch and trek to Badal Danda 3268m. 6 to 7 hrs walk.
Day 8: Badal Danda to Siding Village. (1280m/ 4 to 5 hrs.)
Day 9: Siding Village to Lumre 4 to 5 hrs walk and take car or jeep to Pokhara 1.5hrs.
Day 10: Fly from Pokhara to Kathmandu.
We will take a late morning flight back to the Kathmandu.
Day 11: Departure to the destination.
A Mountain Scenery representative will transfer you back to the airport.
1. ARRIVALS AND TRANSFER TO HOTEL BY THE TOURIST BUS OR PRIVATE VEHICALS.
2. TWO NIGHT ACCOMMODATION IN 3 STAR CATORIZED HOTEL IN KATHMANDU.
3. TRIP BRIEFING AND EQUIPMENT CHECK.
4. MOUNTAIN SCENERY TREKS AND EXPEDITION /DUFFLE BAG,TSHIRT AND TREKKING MAP.
5. WELCOME DINNER WITH NEPAL CULTURAL SHOW.
6. ONE DAY KATHMANDU CITY SIGHT SCENE.
7. TRANSPORT TO DOMESTIC AIRPORT TO (POKHARA) AIRFARE KTM/POKHARA/KTM.
8. GOVERNMENT LICENCE HOLDER TREKKING GUIDE
9. ALL MEAL BREAKFAST, LUNCH, DINNER, AND TEA, COFFEE , FREE MENU BY MOUNTAIN SCENERY TREKS AND EXPEDITION /DESERT AFTER DINNER/HOTWATER.
10. STAFF EXPENSES
- ALL STAFFS MEDICAL AND EMERGENCY RESQUE INSURANCES DURING THE TRIP.
- ALL STAFF FOODS.
- POTTER WAGES.
- GUIDE WAGES.
- POTTER EQUIPMENT.
- KITCHEN UTENSILS.
- NECESSERY HIGH ALTITUDE FOOD , MOUNTAIN FOOD,DRY FOOD.
11. PAPER WORK
- NATIONAL PARK ENTRY FEE.
- MUNICIPALITY CHARGE.
- TIMS CARD FEE.
- ALL GOVERNMENT TAXES.
12. SATELLITE PHONE , INCASE OUT THE COVERGE OF NETWORK.
13. LAST DAY DINNER IN LUKLA WITH ALL INVOLVED STAFFS.
14. WEATHER FORECAST INFORMATION DURING THE CLIMBING PERIOD.
15. FLY BACK TO KTM/FAREWELL DINNER AT THE SAME DAY.
16. DEPARTURE TO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT TO HOME.
1. LUNCH AND DINNER IN KATHMANDU EXCEPT WELCOME AND FAREWELL DINNER.
2. BOTH WAY INTERNATIONAL FLIGHT AIR-FARE.
3. PERSONAL TRAVEL INSURANCE AND EMERGENCY RESQUE INSURANCE.
4. NEPAL ENTRY VISA FREE.
5. ALCHOLIC BEVERAGES.
6. FILMING PERMIT OF DRONE AND CAMERA DURING CLIMBING.
7. EXTRA NIGHT ACCOMMODATION IN KATHMANDU IF LATE DEPARTURE.
8. PERSONAL EXPENSES, LAUDRY, WIFI CHARGE…..
9. STAFF TIPS.
Group Size 2 to 15 people
Max Altitude 3580M
Duration 11 Days
Walking Days 9 Days
Best Period MAR | APR | MAY | SEP | OCT | NOV