Makalu is placed at 8463m which is prominent as 5th highest mountain on the earth is a very eye-catching but really difficult and risky peak. Just about 200 climbers have ascended Makalu peak successfully. Our expert and well-experienced Sherpa guides will assist you in fixing ropes in the hazardous paths. It was in 1955 Makalu was first climbed.
Makalu is in fact flanked by Kanchenjunga and Everest in Nepal-Tibetan edge. We will go up passing the north-west edging and set four high camps to reach the peak. From the Makalu Base Camp, we will move to Advanced Base Camp. On the way we will go after the side moraine, after that walk on top of the glacier and install the Camp I at a chilly raised land at the height of 6,150m. We move further pave the path of the glacier raised ground to Makalu La. Our climb stretches to straight up slopes and get at the bottom of the Makalu La to install the camp II at the elevation of 7,000m. We walk up to the Headwall falling to the north-west point at Makalu La and the set of camp III at an altitude of 7,300m. Besides, Camp IV will be put up on the North border approximately at 7,850m and mount the couloirs to reach the final spot at the peak, at 8463m
During the Mt. Makalu Expedition you will observe graceful Baruntse, Makalu, and Kanchenjunga etc; explore the Arun valley as well as different communities of Limbu, Sherpa, Rai, Bramhin and Gurung populace. Boundless Himalaya Trekking and Expeditions puts forward Mt. Makalu Expedition along with the matchless service. Without doubt, Mt. Makalu Expedition climb is intended to everyone from proficient climber to an inexpert but adventure enthusiast as anyone will be guided by an expert mountain guide. Spring and autumn are the best time of year to go for Makalu Expedition.
DAY1:ARRIVAL KATHMANDU/TRANSFER TO HOTEL
DAY2:REST DAY AND BRIEFING ABOUT MAKALU EXPEDITION,PREPARATION,
DAY3:FLY TO TUMLINGTAR FROM KATHMANDU AND DRIVE SAME DAY TO NUM (1,560M)
DAY4:TREK TO SHEDUWA (1,510M) FROM NUM VILLAGE
DAY5:TREK TO TASHU GAU (2,070M) FROM SHEDUWA
DAY6:REST DAY AND ACCLIMATAZATION DAY IN TASHI GAU
DAY7:TREK TO KHONGMA (3,760M) FROM TASHI GAU
DAY8:TREK TO MUMBUK (3,520M) FROM KHONGMA
DAY9:TREK TO NEHI KHARKA (4,320M) FROM MUMBUK
DAY10:TREK TO LOWER MAKALU BASE CAMP (4,870M) FROM NEHI KHARKA
DAY11:REST DAY IN LOWER MAKALU BASE CAMP
DAY12:LOWER BASE CAMP TO MAKALU HIGHER CAMP
DAY:13-43 CLIMBING PERIOD OF MT MAKALU (8,485)-BAE CAMP
DAY44:TREK TO MAKALU BASE CAMP TO YANGLA KHARKA
DAY45:TREK TO KHONGMA FROM YANGLAKHARKA
DAY46:TREK TO SHEDUWA FROM KHOGMA
DAY47:DRIVE TO KHADBARI TUMLINGTAR VIA NUM
DAY48:FLY BACK TO KATHMANDU FROM TUMLINGTAR AIRPORT AND TRANSFER TO HOTEL
DAY49:SPARE DAY IN KATHMANDU
DAY50 EXTRA DAY IN KATHMANDU
DAY51:TRANSFER TO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT FOR FINAL DEPARTURE
1. ARRIVALS AND TRANSFER TO HOTEL BY THE TOURIST BUS OR PRIVATE VEHICALS.
2. TWO NIGHT ACCOMMODATION IN 3 STAR CATORIZED HOTEL IN KATHMANDU.
3. TRIP BRIEFING AND EQUIPMENT CHECK.
4. MOUNTAIN SCENERY TREKS AND EXPEDITION /DUFFLE BAG,TSHIRT AND TREKKING MAP.
5. WELCOME DINNER WITH NEPAL CULTURAL SHOW.
6. ONE DAY KATHMANDU CITY SIGHT SCENE.
7. TRANSPORT TO DOMESTIC AIRPORT TO (lUKLA) AIRFARE KTM/LUKA/KTM.
8. GOVERNMENT LICENCE HOLDER TREKKING GUIDE AND EXPERIENCE CLIMBING SHERPA
9. ALL MEAL BREAKFAST, LUNCH, DINNER, AND TEA, COFFEE , FREE MENU BY MOUNTAIN SCENERY TREKS AND EXPEDITION /DESERT AFTER DINNER/HOTWATER.
10. STAFF EXPENSES
- ALL STAFFS MEDICAL AND EMERGENCY RESQUE INSURANCES DURING THE TRIP.
- ALL STAFF FOODS.
- POTTER WAGES.
- CLIMBING GUIDE WAGES.
- POTTER EQUIPMENT.
11. CLIMBING BASE CAMP EQUIPMENT
- DINING TENT, KITCHEN TENT, TOILET TENT,SHOWER TENT, MEMBER TENT,STAFF TENT.
- KITCHEN UTENSILS.
- NECESSERY HIGH ALTITUDE FOOD , MOUNTAIN FOOD,DRY FOOD.
- CLIMBING ROPES, ICE CREW, SNOW-BA, ICE –TOOLS,ICE HAMER, SOO ON.
- CAMP 1 MEMER AND SHERPA TENT PLUS FOODS.
- CAMP2 MEMBER AND SHERPA TENT PLUS FOODS.
- CAMP3 MEMBER AND SHERPA TENT PLUS FOODS.
13. ROPE FIXING CHARGE.
12. PAPER WORK
- CLIMBING PERMIT.
- NATIONAL PARK ENTRY FEE.
- MUNICIPALITY CHARGE.
- TIMS CARD FEE.
- ALL GOVERNMENT TAXES.
13. SATELLITE PHONE , INCASE OUT THE COVERGE OF NETWORK.
14. LAST DAY DINNER IN LUKLA WITH ALL INVOLVED STAFFS.
15. WEATHER FORECAST INFORMATION DURING THE CLIMBING PERIOD.
16. FLY BACK TO KTM/FAREWELL DINNER AT THE SAME DAY.
17. DEPARTURE TO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT TO HOME.
1. LUNCH AND DINNER IN KATHMANDU EXCEPT WELCOME AND FAREWELL DINNER.
2. BOTH WAY INTERNATIONAL FLIGHT AIR-FARE.
3. PERSONAL TRAVEL INSURANCE AND EMERGENCY RESQUE INSURANCE.
4. NEPAL ENTRY VISA FREE.
5. ALCHOLIC BEVERAGES.
6. FILMING PERMIT OF DRONE AND CAMERA DURING CLIMBING.
7. EXTRA NIGHT ACCOMMODATION IN KATHMANDU IF LATE DEPARTURE.
8. PERSONAL EXPENSES, LAUDRY, WIFI CHARGE…..
9. STAFF TIPS.
Group Size 1 to 10 people
Max Altitude 8,463M
Duration 51 Days
Walking Days 45 Days
Best Period MAR | APR | MAY | SEP | OCT | NOV