The Nirekha Peak Climbing trip starts from Lukla after a 35 minute scenic flight. The second successful ascent was done by an all women team in October 2003.
The ascent to the Nirekha Peak is a great but depending on the conditions it can be difficult to climb. The Nirekha Peak summit ridge is long way up and there are several deep crevasses but the views from here are incredible including: Cho oyu, Gyachungkhang, Pumar, Everest, Lhote, Makalu, Khangenga, Thamasherku, Tawche, Amadablam , all Khumbu Himal Cholotse, and more.
After this rich Himalayan trekking experience, the Nirekha Peak Climbing trip will end at Lukla airstrip descending through the traditional trade center of Namche Bazaar. Nirekha Peak is located on the same chain as the Lobuche summits, just east of the Cho La Col, with the famous Cho-La Pass only a few hundred meters away. Clients need jumar because climbing route faces the southwest and there is really hard blue ice. From this camp to the high camp is about 2 to 3 hours walk. Only experienced climbers should attempt this route, although it is partially set with fixed ropes. We then follow a common trail to Gokyo Valley. We at “Mountain Scenery Treks and Expedition” are more than glad to design your Nirekha Peak Climbing trip with our professionally experienced climbing guides and expert staff for your complete satisfaction.
Day to Day Itinerary. Clearly the north summit is easier, but requires crossing a difficult crevasse, while the south summit requires one pitch in steep (50°) ice. This peak was listed in 2006 as a new peak in Group ‘A’ trekking peaks. In April 2003 the first ascent was done by Matt Florets and Greg Valentine. Then we head along the famous Trekking Rote Chola Pass, but from Chola Base Camp a tiny trail to the north and just before the Glacier is the Nirekha Base Camp. It is unclear which peak is higher which consists of two summit pyramids. Nirekha peak is one of the more difficult peaks and we need to fix ropes and ice screws.
DAY1: ARRIVED IN TRIBVUBAN INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT KATHMANDU AND TRANSFER TO HOTEL
DAY2:KATHMANDU VALLEY CITY SIEGHSEEING AND FINAL PREPARATION FOR EVEREST BASE CAMP TREKS
DAY3:TRANSFER TO DOMESTIC AIRPORT FOR FLIGHT TO TENGING HILLARY AIRPORT LUKLA(2840M) AND SAME DAY TREKS TO PHAKDING AROUND 4 HOURS WALKING
DAY4:PHAKDING TO NAMCHE BAZZAR (3440M)
DAY5:ACCLIMATIZATION DAY AND HIKE UP TO EVEREST VIEW HOTEL AND KHUMJUNG BACK TO NAMCHE BAZZAR
DAY6:NAMCHE TO DIBUCHE(3820M)
DAY7:DIBUCHE TO DINGBOCHE(4270M)
DAY8:REST DAY AND ACCLIMATIZE DAY CLIMB UP TO NAGARJUNG PEAK (4600M)
DAY9:DINGBUCHE TO LOBUCHE (4900M)
DAY10: LOBUCHE TO GORAKSHEP(5100M)AND VISIT TO EVEREST BASE CAMP(5365M )BACK TO GORAKSHEP FOR SPEND ONE NIGHT THERE
DAY11:CLIMBING THE KALAPATHAR(5550M) AND BACK TO ZONGLA(4,858MM)
DAY12:ZONGLA TO NIREKHA BASE CAMP (4,950M)VIA CHO LA PASS (5368M
DAY13:REST DAY AND CLIMBING PREPARATION OF NIREKHA
DAY14:BASE CAMP TO NIREKHA HIGHT CAMP (5,460M)
DAY15:SUMMIT NIREKHA PEAK (6,159M) AND BACK TO BASE CAMP
DAY16:NIREKHA BASE CAMP TO GOKYO LAKE (4,800M)
DAY17:TREKS TO DOLE (4,400M)
DAY18:TREKS TO NAMCHE BAZZAR (3,440M)
DAY19:TREKS TO LUKA FROM NAMCHE BAZZAR
DAY20:FLY BACK TO KATHMANDU FROM LUKLA AND TRANSFER TO HOTEL
DAY21:EXTRA DAY IN KATHMANDU
DAY22:TRANSFER TO AIRPORT FOR FINAL DEPARTURE TO HOME
1. ARRIVALS AND TRANSFER TO HOTEL BY THE TOURIST BUS OR PRIVATE VEHICALS.
2. TWO NIGHT ACCOMODATION IN 3 STAR CATEGORIZED HOTEL IN KATHMANDU.
3. TRIP BRIEFING AND EQUIOPMENT CHECK.
4. MOUNTAIN SCENERY TREKS AND EXPEDITION /DUFFEL BAG, TSHIRT AND TREKKING MAP.
5. WELCOME DINNER WITH NEPALI CULTURAL SHOW.
6. ONE DAY KATHMANDU CITY SIGHT SCENE.
7. TRANSPORT TO DOMESTIC AIRPORT TO (lUKLA) AIRFARE KTM/LUKA/KTM.
8. GOVERNMENT LICENCE HOLDER TREKKING GUIDE AND EXPERIENCE CLIMBING SHERPA.
9. ALL MEAL BREAKFAST, LUNCH, DINNER, AND TEA,COFFEE , FREE MENU BY MOUNTAIN SCENERY TREKS AND EXPEDITION /DESERT AFTER DINNER/HOTWATER.
10. STAFF EXPENSES
- ALL STAFFS MEDICAL AND EMERGENCY RESQUE INSURANCES DURING THE TRIP
- ALL STAFF FOODS
- POTTER WAGES
- CLIMBING GUIDE WAGES
- POTTER EQUIPMENT
11. CLIMBING BASE CAMP EQUIPMENT
- DINNING TENT, KITCHEN TENT,TOILET TENT,SHOWER TENT, MEMBER TENT,STAFF TENT.
- KITCHEN UTENSILS.
- NECESSERY HIGH ALTITUDE FOOD , MOUNTAIN FOOD,DRY FOOD.
- CLIMBING ROPES, ICE CREW, SNOW-BA,ICE –TOOLS,ICE HAMER, SOO ON.
12. PAPER WORK
- CLIMBING PERMIT.
- NATIONAL PARK ENTRY FEE.
- MUNICIPALITY CHARGE.
- TIMS CARD FEE.
- ALL GOVERNMENT TAXES.
13. SATELLITE PHONE, INCASE OUT THE COVERGE OF NETWORK .
14. LAST DAY DINNER IN LUKLA WITH ALL INVOLVED STAFFS.
15. WEATHER FORCAST INFORMATION DURING THE CLIMBING PERIOD.
16. FLY BACK TO KTM/FAREWELL DINNER AT THE SAME DAY.
17. DEPARTURE TO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT TO HOME.
1. LUNCH AND DINNER IN KATHMANDU EXCEPT WELCOME AND FAREWELL DINNER.
2. BOTH WAY INTERNATIONAL FLIGHT AIRFARE.
3. PERSONAL TRAVEL INSURANCE AND EMERGENCY RESQUE INSURANCE .
4. NEPAL ENTRY VISA FREE.
5. ALCOHOLIC STUFFS.
6. FILMING PERMIT OF DRONE AND CAMERA DURING CLIMBING.
7. EXTRA NIGHT ACCODAMATION IN KATHMANDU IF LATE DEPARTURE.
8. PERSONAL EXPENSES,LAUDRY,WIFI CHARGE, SOO ON.
9. STAFF TIPS
Group Size 1 to 10 people
Max Altitude 6159M
Duration 22 Days
Walking Days 18 Days
Best Period MAR | APR | MAY | SEP | OCT | NOV